We are back to using the Basic Fantasy RPG ruleset starting from this session to make it easier for me to prep and run our weekly games. Some noticed the downshift in power from the 5e-version of their characters but I hope they’ll be okay (since the monsters are also all weaker now).
This session’s PCs:
- Diana – human fighter, level 4 (controlled by other players)
- Elfred – elf fighter/magic-user, level 3
- Fredo – halfling thief, level 5
- Hermione – human magic-user, level 4
- Mistamojo – human cleric, level 5
- Lavandes – elf druid, level 4
- Oracle – human fighter, level 5
Atop a cliff inside a huge cavern stood Oracle, Lavandes and Diana against a single wight. With the corridor behind them sealed off with boulders and loose rocks, they didn’t expect the two zombies to crawl out of that rubble. Fortunately, there were only two that got through.
It has just dropped its sword when it bacame to hot to hold, thanks to Lavandes’ Druidic magic. Oracle wasn’t too pleased though because now that the wight is unarmed, it will very likely attempt to touch him and drain his energy — a worse outcome than just getting slashed by a sword.